Re: Query on Oracle DB via a C program ?

From: Anirban Chattopadhyay <anirban_at_ans.net>
Date: 2000/06/01

"Martin C Dore (LMC)" wrote:

> Hi
>
> How can I make some queries, (using SQL) in my C program to the
> Oracle DB that is installed on a SUN system.
>
> I only want to fetch the information of one table.
>
> If possible, could you send a code example, or a place where I can
> read on that...
>
> Thanks
> Martin

I guess you want to use PRO*C (SQL embedded in C program), for which you would need the Pro*C precompiler, which would precompile the SQL statements for the C compiler to pick up. You can pick up any Pro*C manual (from Oracle), for the syntaxes

Hope this helps

anirban Received on Thu Jun 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT