Re: Query Performance

From: Bob Fazio <rfazio_at_home.com.nospam>
Date: 2000/06/01

Don't use index organized on large tables. Read through the docs, they are really only for very special cases. I tried, and it didn't work out real well.

Have you issued a trace either with alter system set sql_trace=true; or
execute sys.dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session(sid,serial#,true);

Also, I am not sure what you mean by large, but 6-8 minutes may not be that unreasonable. How often to you do this insert?, is it really worth the time to tune?

--
Robert Fazio, Oracle DBA
rfazio_at_home.com