HOWTO communicate with DB via servlets if webserver and DB server are on different boxes?

From: <bigiBan_at_host.com>
Date: 2000/05/31

Hello,
 I think it's rather silly question. But I have never work n this direction.
 So I need just starting point how to do this:  I have 3 servers: web server ( apache + tomcat 3.1), Oracle DB server and MsSql DB server. They all are different phisical boxes.

 The question is:
If I run servlets on webserver how can I retrive an information from DB's?
What software do I need? and where can I get additional information about this topic.
 Thank You Received on Wed May 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT