Re: How to make SP valid?

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/05/30

In article <39341472$0$32021_at_fountain.mindlink.net>,   "Gennady" <gennadyb_at_halcosoftware.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have an PL/SQL stored procedure which uses table T1.
> My application drops this table and create another one, different
 table, but
> with the same name T1.
> In the moment my stored procedure become invalid, because table T1 was
> dropped.
> How could I make the stored procedure valid after table T1
 recreation, using
> SQL statements?
> Thanks,
> Gennady

you don't NEED to, it'll recompile itself when someone attempts to run it but if you want to you can:

alter procedure P compile;

to compile it again.

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) Oracle Service Industries
Howtos and such: http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/index.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.