configuration problem for oracle 8i

From: munir keshwani <munirk_at_giasbma.vsnl.net.in>
Date: 2000/05/28

well i have installed oracle 8i on win nt server machine well first it was real great now i have to configure the host string and the clients which are nt workstation i have installed oracle 8i clients on them. now how do i configure the server and the host string so that the server and the clients talk to each other.
can somebody help me configure the server and the clients please after installing it asked me the global database name (if i am not wrong) and i entered
ora.winwin
after that i dont know what to do i went to the net8 easy config it is asking for my host name and service name now what is this service name
and when i hit the test button it says no listener i dont know what to do can somebody help me configure the whole thing i am new to this
thanks in advance
munir
munir_at_giasbmc.vsnl.net.in Received on Sun May 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT