2 questions (One for linux people)

From: GailWeber <GailWeber_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 2000/05/27

Scenario: I am contemplating buying an iMac, partitioning the drive in half, wiping the second half, and laying linux (for mac) on that half.

Question #1: Since Oracle will run on linux, can I install on my linux partition, or are they (Oracle) talking linux chip set (does that even exist)?

Question #2: I've been using Solaris 2.6/7 (not on a mac), how badly am I going to hose myself, trying to use Solaris UNIX constructs in a linux environment?

If anybody can answer one or both, please email me at:

    dlaurence_at_yahoo.com

<(NOTE: spammers will find their IP addresses mysteriously remapped if they abuse this email address. Have a nice day)> Received on Sat May 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT