Re: 8i, Linux and PHP

From: kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: 2000/05/26

You probably won't have any entry for number of cursors in init<SID>.ora (at least I didn't). I had to add a line like 'open_cursors = 2000'. I'm not certain of the exact spelling and syntax because I don't use it any more. Instead, I make sure I close the DB connection at the end of every PHP page. You could use something like this at the end of every file (or in your auto_append_file):

if ( !empty($conn) ) { OCILogoff( $conn ) }

$conn is the connection id you will have received from your OCILogon() call.

that should solve your problem.

HTH,