How to detect unused objects

From: <jakobw_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/26

Hi,

Problem: I want to detect dead code/unused objects in a database (8.1.5 for AIX 4.3)

One idea was:

ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED_POOL; Waiting some time...

then:

SELECT * FROM v$db_object_cache WHERE name = 'OBJECT_SAMPLE';

If 'OBJECT_SAMPLE' is returned by the select, I know that it is used. But my problem is to detect unused objects e.g. procedures not used for 1
month...

Any Ideas?

thx

Jakob

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri May 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT