SocketPermissionError

From: <lceliberti_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/26

Hi everyone,

I am getting an error message when I try to access an EJB residing on an Oracle 8i database (on Linux server). The error I get is:

Exception in thread "main" oracle.aurora.ejb.RemoteRuntimeException: Caught Runt
imeException in remote method; nested exception is:   java.security.AccessControlException:the Permission
(java.net.SocketPermission

160.79.148.94:1521 connect,resolve) has not been granted by dbms_java.grant_per
mission to SchemaProtectionDomain(MOBL|PolicyTableProxy(MOBL)) Remote Stack Trace:
java.security.AccessControlException: the Permission
(java.net.SocketPermission

160.79.148.94:1521 connect,resolve) has not been granted by dbms_java.grant_perm
ission to SchemaProtectionDomain(MOBL|PolicyTableProxy(MOBL))   at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission
(AccessControlContext.jav

a)
  at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission
(AccessController.java)

  at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java) at oracle.aurora.rdbms.SecurityManagerImpl.checkPermission
(SecurityManagerImpl

.java)
  at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(SecurityManager.java) at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java)
  at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java)

  at oracle.net.nt.TcpNTAdapter.connect
  at oracle.net.nt.ConnOption.connect
  at oracle.net.nt.ConnStrategy.execute
  at oracle.net.resolver.AddrResolution.resolveAndExecute
  at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.establishConnection
  at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.connect
  at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.connect(TTC7Protocol.java)

This error ocurrs at the point of the script where a method residing in the bean is called.

I don't think this is an EJB specific error, rather a java general error. I made the following entry into the java.policy file on the linux server:
permission
java.net.SocketPermission "localhost:1521","connect,resolve";

What do I need to do to implement this change? I rebooted the server, but I received the same error.

Thanks,

Louie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri May 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT