Oracle 8i Administrative Assistant and Microsoft Management Console (MMC) problem

From: No Name <freeagent_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 2000/05/26

Howdy out there.

I have installed Oracle 8i and found (in the release notes) that the Oracle Administrative Assistant for Windows NT is not functional unless you "install the Microsoft Management Console" which is available from Microsoft as a download. I did that and still nothing. You click on the icon and nothing happens.

At the microsoft site, MMC is part of the MS Platform SDK along with 920MB of other stuff which I declined to download. I suspect I need to download and install something else out of that package, however it's unclear what that would be.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
bill @ dogcreek.com Received on Fri May 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT