backup & recovery procedure for Oracle8i/Solaris

From: Yulia <yuliam_at_catuity.com>
Date: 2000/05/25

I am a newbe for the Oracle
and my question is:

We run Oracle 8.1.6 Enterprise on Solaris and we do not have a standard backup procedure for our development database.

This database is not business critical, so we are not goint to use transaction log backups and recovery - just a full database backup on a weekly (or daily) basis.

I tryed to read of RMAN and I realised that to use that utility I need to create a separate database and a catalog (?) on a separate unix box which is not feasable for us.

What is the simpliest backup startegy for the development environment like ours?
If you have a siple sample backup script(s) - it would be really helpful.

How to implement it without using additional physical resources? The best way for us is to perform daily backups onto a disk and copy them to a tapes.

Best regards,

Ioulia Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT