Please help w/ SQL question

From: Sean <dolans_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/25

I have two tables: a lookup and a value table. Let me describe them below:

USER_LU

USER_LU_ID (PK)

DISPLAY USER_LU_VALUE

USER_LU_ID (PK)
USERNAME (PK)

VALUE Some values that would be in the lookup table: {1, NAME} {2,ADDRESS}
{3, CITY}

Some values in the Value table : {1, 'foobarUsername', 'Sean'}

What I am trying to do is get a list of ALL the lookups with a value for a certain username, but throw a NULL if not there as in:
{given a username of foobarUsername}

NAME Sean
ADDRESS NULL
CITY NULL ALL I Keep getting is
NAME Sean

I have tried outer joins but the problem comes in when I specify USERNAME = '{something}' It all goofs up.

Any ideas of accomplishing this?
Thanks,
Sean

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT