Re: oracle and linux

From: <scheiner_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/24

In article <391B9472.91A52D39_at_t-online.de>,   f_beckmann_at_gmx.de wrote:
> hi
>
> i have installed oracle 8.0.5 on linux (red hat ).
>
> the listener runns (1521)and i can mount the database. i have look on
> freshmeat for tools,
>
> and i have found the oracle object manager. the tool dosent run on my
> system ...
>
> where i can get windowstools to test the connection (the windowsclient
> connect the oracle server that runn on linux)

Download Personal oracle for WinX from the Oracle website.

> or you now an other linux client for linux ???
>
> and another question.
>
> i have started with mysql...
>
> the command:
>
> create tabel new (firstname char(22), name char(34) ) create a
 database
> on my oracle system.
>
> the command ---show tables ---print under mysql the tables under
 orcale
> i get an error message

To view all tables to which your account has access in Oracle, type "Select * from cat;" To view a particular table, type "desc [tablename];"

> and the insert command ..
>
> under mysql i write
>
> insert into new values("dd","dd")
>
> and it put into the table
>
> what are the instructions in oracle ???

Pretty much the same.

> i am a beginner in oracle and sql can someone help me ???
>
> this email acount is temporaly... i am in holiday...
>
> mailto:f_beckmann_at_gmx.de
>
> thank you for help
>
> frank
>
> i know that my english is very very bad...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT