SQL date range question

From: Dave Knight <no.spam.daveknight_at_proaxis.com>
Date: 2000/05/24

I'm a newbie at SQL and I'm attempting to filter some data by excluding records before a certain date. I don't know how to format the line of SQL that will do this.

I copied the following "WHERE" section (I know, I cheated) out of the SQL statement that was generated when I built a Crystal Report :

WHERE
  ENTORDER."ESTABLISHED" > {d 2000-05-03'}

SQLPlus does NOT like the formatting on this. I get the error message: ORA-01840: input value not long enough for date format

How should this be formatted? I think the version of Oracle I'm using is 7.2.3.

Thanks,
Dave Knight Received on Wed May 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT