Re: List of Oracle Errors

From: suzilem <suzilemNOsuSPAM_at_aol.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/05/24

Once you've located technet...

  1. Select "Documentation"
  2. Select "Data Servers -- Oracle 8i"
  3. Select "General Documentation <version>"
  4. Select "Oracle 8i Server and Data Warehousing"
  5. Select "Concept, Administration, and Reference -- Oracle 8i Error Messages"

Of course, the next time they redesign their web pages, this will all change...

In article <v7ioiso3velnfm8eg25rsiah5l3ifmo0me_at_4ax.com>, Steve . <syarbrou_at_nospam.enteract.com> wrote:
>By the way, figured they would have some kind of error manual on
>TechNet, but have never been able to find it. Figured it would
 be
>under Documentation/Oracle8i, but no luck.
>
>Steve
>
>On Wed, 24 May 2000 13:45:40 -0700, suzilem
><suzilemNOsuSPAM_at_aol.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>>If you're on a Unix platform you can use the "oerr" utility.
>>Syntax is: oerr <prefix> <number>
>>in your case: oerr ORA 6552
>>%s -- the error message should have returned a string
>>Sometimes, Oracle error messages are less than
 informative... ;^)

>>/> oerr ora 6552
>>06552, 00000, "PL/SQL: %s"
>>// *Cause:
>>// *Action:
>>/> oerr ora 6553
>>06553, 00000, "PLS-%s: %s"
>>// *Cause:
>>// *Action:
>>/>
>>
>>You can also go to Oracle technet and access the error manual
>>there.
>>
>>In article <noeois8bgodv3tq10lsblndrb8as5jr7m4_at_4ax.com>,
 Steve .
>><syarbrou_at_nospam.enteract.com> wrote:
>>>I have Oracle 8i and on occasion get ORA- error messages. Is
 there
>>>somewhere that list each error message and what is actually
 causing
>>>this? It would save a lot of troubleshooting time. I have
 several
>>>DBA and Troubleshooting books and they only seem to list a
 few. Right
>>>now I'm getting the following:
>>>
>>>ORA-06552
>>>ORA-06553
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>
>>>Steve
>>>
>>>Newsgroup replies preferred. Remove nospam when replying thru
 email.

>>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's
 Discussion Network *
>>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in
 Usenet - Free!