Accessing Oracle815 via Delphi BDE

From: Tim Shute <tshute_at_nisoft.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/24

Hi group

We have been using Personal Oracle804 for our demo systems, which are written in Delphi and use the Oracle native driver in the BDE. We have managed to use the ORA804.dll as the VENDOR INIT parameter.

We are now looking to move to Oracle 8.1.x, but there is no obvious equivalent to the ORA804.dll to point the BDE to.

Any ideas which dll is the one to use?

Thanks in advance

--
Tim Shute
Software Engineering Manager

Friday 7 April 2000

'NiSoft today announced that Edison Mission Energy, a global power generator
with over 60 power stations world-wide, has contracted to install the NiSoft
eclipse permit management system in their plants in the US Mid-West
Generation Division, in the UK and in Asia-Pacific. The contract is an
indication of the global nature of power generation, and NiSoft's ability to
install and support their leading product world-wide.

Len Coleman, Vice President of Edison Mission Energy, commented:

 "the unique capability of the eclipse product to meet the safety needs of
our power stations around the world has led us to form this relationship
with NiSoft. We look forward to working with the leading company in the
world in permit management".

NiSoft indicated that they would be announcing shortly the opening of a US
office and recruiting additional staff to continue the current growth rate
of the company.'