Re: Passing Parameters in Forms

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/24

Deborah
I once explored passing parameters from Form to Form, but, back then, I found it very messy and choose to find other schemes for solving my problem....

In your case, have you checked:
You MUST have all the parameters declared in the "called" form. Also, I have discovered a maximum limit for passing parameters of around 2000 characters (Forms 5).

Some other ideas:

1.  figure out a methodology for using multiple globals
2.  Temp Table
3.  Create a Package with public, static variables
     and pass the data from form to form via the package.variable(s)
    (ou could declare a PL/SQL table and use it like an array ....?) 4. Create a temp "file" with Text_IO.
5. (Reports:) put the query into a File.sql, referenced by the Report

    instead of an internal Query with lexical parameters (&x). 6. Make the Parameter passing work correctly.

Hope that helps,
Robert Proffitt
Beckman Coulter
Brea California
RTProffitt_at_beckman.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT