Re: problems connecting developer2000 to orcale database

From: James Belton <rsitest_at_freenetname.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/24

You need to configure your TNSNAMES file, which will reside in ORACLE_HOME\network\admin

The entry will be something like:

your_database_name.world =

    (description =

        (address_list =
            (address = (protocol = TCP)(HOST=your_computer_name)(PORT=1521))
        )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
        (SID = your_SID_name)

 )
)

Then, when you connect to the DB thru the connect string will be your_database_name.world.

It should then connect OK. Forms ALWAYS needs the connect string, otherwise it chucks out this error!

Regards

www.jamesbelton.co.uk