Re: Parallel SQL*Loader

From: GoPahDoo <gopahdoo_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/24

In article <chrliss8ag0v6gkqahk1074ihiddb73d43_at_4ax.com>,   jonathan_at_gennick.com wrote:
> On Tue, 23 May 2000 14:35:41 GMT, GoPahDoo
> <gopahdoo_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> >Quick question: Do I need an Oracle license to use SQL*Loader in
> >parallel mode (loading ascii files into an Oracle table
> >simultaneously)?
>
> Do you mean in addition to your Oracle server license? Not
> that I'm aware of. The license for the database software
> includes use of all the standard utilities such as import,
> export, SQL*Loader, etc.
>
> Jonathan

> jonathan_at_gennick.com
> http://gennick.com
> Brighten the Corner Where You Are

Thanks for the quick response. I am using SQL*Loader to load ascii files in parallel. This brought up some concern for one of our team members. One of which is if we are using sqlloader in parallel, are we using Parallel Server. If we are, do we need some sort of license for this usage?

--
Shawn Huynh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.