Oracle 8i Open Cursor & JBuilder3.5 problem

From: Wallace Fukumae <fukumae_at_spawar.navy.mil>
Date: 2000/05/23

Having problems with QueryDataSet resolving. Oracle open cursors aren't released.

Oracle Version 8.1.5.0.0 (Have current Oracle Thin Client Drivers) JBuilder 3.0 and 3.5 Enterprise.
Windows NT 4 SP6a.
JDK 1.2.2 The problem appears only when I join tables as part of the QueryDataSet. Only resolving columns to single table. The other columns of the non-resolved table are set:

      nonResolveColumn.setResolvable(false);
      nonResolveColumn.setSearchable(false);

I've tried joining tables this way in Sybase and haven't had this problem. If I remove the join the open_cursor problem goes away. I've tracked the code while it's running and the open_cursors occurs only when saving the DataSet DataSet.saveChanges(). The amount of the cursors opened correlates to the number of DataRows inserted.

Any comments or solutions are appreciated.

Thanks, Wally Received on Tue May 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT