Failure to Enlist on Resource Manager (NT MTS & Oracle)

From: Mike O <ora7dba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/05/23

We have an application written in VB6 w/Oracle 7.3.4 as our backend and have been receiving 'failure to enlist on resource manager' messages. This occurs randomly and is very unpredictable.

Our last series of failure affected only one workstation and this was cleared up by stopping the NT processes and restarting. The station with the problem cleared up but another workstation (wireless handheld device) starting having problem.

We went to the extreme by cold booting the NT servers and bouncing the Oracle database.

There are instructions on how to clear something like this under MTS & SQL Server but such log files exist for Oracle (on the Oracle side - Unix).

Last but not least, over time, hours-days these things clear up but this recent event is still a problem and now affects a couple of workstations and the geneology infromation that they produce (or are not producing because the system is still looking for a commit signal (?) or something from Oracle (?)).

Any suggestions? Solutions?

Thanks!

-Mike Received on Tue May 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT