Re: ODBC driver for Oracle

From: Loki <REMOVE_MEbart.van.hest_at_fair.nl>
Date: 2000/05/23

Hello,

I use the ODBC driver for 8i (v8.1.5., WinNT) but have a problem to insert values into CLOBS. I get the message shown below. Oracle/ODBC seems to think that i want to insert into a VARCHAR2(4000) instead of a CLOB.

Any suggestions are very welcome,

Bart

Error-message:
ORA-01704 string literal too long

Cause: The string literal is longer than 4000 characters.

Action: Use a string literal of at most 4000 characters. Longer values may only be entered using bind variables.