Re: Oracle 8i on Linux

From: kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: 2000/05/23

You can get Oracle 8i from Oracle's website for nowt probably.

But the license is the important thing. Anyone is allowed to download, install and use Oracle AFAIK. But if you intend to make money off it, then you have to buy a license, which will be thousands of pounds rather than a ton.

PS - I'll do you Oracle on a disk for £55 ;o) PPS - I really don't know whether it is legal to distribute and charge for Oracle. Anyone?