Re: Post installation problem on oracle 8.15 in solaris 2.6

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: 2000/05/22

Kenny Lim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to sun solaris and are having some problem after the
> "post" installation of oracle 8.15 on sun solaris 2.6 (sun sparc 5) as I am
> not able to
> start or use any of the oracle utilities ie. to startup the
> instances or listener and able to get it up and running.
> (this is a fresh installation)
>
> My guess is I must had misconfigured the environment variables during the
> process
> of installation. If anyone can lend me a helping as to how we should fix the
> problem,
> it would be greatly appreacited as I will continure to troubleshoot for a
> possible
> resolution here.
>
> Thanks all in advance and you have a pleasant sunday.
>
> Kenny-

Before you can log in with svrmgrl you must set ORACLE_SID to the sid that was created (look in /var/opt/oracle/oratab) and you must also have ORACLE_HOME set to the base directory for oracle - you can also get this from /var/opt/oracle/oratab. Once you do that you should be able to log in with svrmgrl. According to Oracle, however, you should be using sqlplus to log in and forget that svrmgrl is even there.

It probably would have been better if you had actually had an Oracle DBA do the installation. Received on Mon May 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT