Connecting sql-net client to Oracle server takes verry loooooong time.

From: Ron W <ron_at_`.nlsport.com>
Date: 2000/05/22

Who can give me directions how to solve the folowing problem.

To train for my OCP exam i built an old p75 machine and installed NT4 and oracle workgroup server 7.3 on it to do some practising.

I connected my P233 to the server by sql-net and tcp/ip over a 10mbit ethernet .

the problem is:
It takes about 5 minutes for the client to connect to the server.

one's connected it seemes to work fine and fast (enough).

I created the topology file tnsnames file and so on but still the first connection is verry slow.
This is verry inefective while changing connections all the time for my practicing.

has anyone has suggestions to improve this? (Exept for upgrading to fast hardware)

TIA Ron Received on Mon May 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT