DBMS_PROFILER does not work on Oracle 8.1.6 for Windows NT = ?

From: Steve Chapman <schapman_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 2000/05/22

Does anybody out there know why the Oracle 8i Profiler, more specifically, the SYS.DBMS_PROFILER package, does not store any run data in the profiler tables? We've tried adding extra calls to the flush function, etc. to no avail.

It worked fine on 8.1.5, upgraded to 8.1.6, the DBMS_PROFILER package is valid and granted execute to public, calls to DBMS_PROFILER work and do NOT raise any errors, however, no data is populated to the statistics tables.

Is there a new init.ora setting in 8.1.6 to disable/enable the Profiler?

We looked over the 8.1.6 documentation, comp.db.oracle newsgroups, Oracle Metalink, Oracle Technology Network, etc., but nobody else out there has complained about it yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Steve Chapman Received on Mon May 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT