CREATE INDEX PARALLEL clause => bad datatypes?

From: Mark W Modrall <modrall_at_world.std.com>
Date: 2000/05/22

Hi...

        i've got a table where i'm trying to
CREATE INDEX pk_id on content(id DESC) PARALLEL (DEGREE DEFAULT);

but i get an error for Oracle (932) saying something about inconsistent data types, and the explanation of the error doesn't match any of the criteria i have in my table. id is declared as a NUMBER (30) but it's in my table, which created successfully.

        The error message said it was either a bad DML statement (mixing numbers with text) or an attempt to modify a system table but neither are true.

        If i remove the PARALLEL clause, the create succeeds. I have another table with an index created similarly on a text column and it worked fine with the parallel clause...

        can someone shed some light on this?

thanks
-mark Received on Mon May 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT