Re: problems with system priv. Oracle 8

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/05/22

> Also, you have grant 'create table' priv to the role SFK_R.
> rgds,

The CONNECT role has the CREATE TABLE privilege. It also has the CREATE SESSION privilege. So the original posters example includes a little redundancy.

> > Could you please avoid posting to *all* Oracle newsgroups?
> >
> > On a sideline (and I don't blame you): as most people don't seem to
> > understand the difference between misc, server and tools
> > (designer/developer) shouldn't we better drop the disctinction? This is
 only
> > wasting bandwith.

I have to agree with Sybrand here. There is very little distinction between the 'misc' and 'server' groups. The 'tools' group has a little less crossover.

Just my 3.14159265 cents worth,
Brian

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at