Re: NLS parameters & Windows Regional settings

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/19

Assuming you don't change them often, IMO it should be sufficient to set the appropiate values in the registry under HKLM\software\oracle. In your case those you should have

NLS_LANG = "France_French.WE8ISO8859P1"
NLS_LANGUAGE="French"
NLS_TERRITORY="France"

parameters like
NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE, NLS_DATE_FORMAT, NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS *all* derive from
NLS_TERRITORY
NLS_SORT derives from NLS_LANGUAGE

Just experiment and query nls_session_parameters, and you will see how this works.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

sofresud <sofresud_at_wanadoo.fr> schreef in berichtnieuws 8g3543$rt7$1_at_wanadoo.fr...