Re: ora -1031 - Why???

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/19

This is Roles. Roles are not enabled during execution of a procedure. As an anonymous pl/sql block is a one-time operation (from the perspective of the database) roles *are* enabled during execution of anonymous blocks. In Oracle 8i you have the option of defining the procedure with invokers rights instead of with definers rights (Oracle 7 and 8.0 behavior).

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 3925896A.82409182_at_Unforgettable.com...