Re: "Oracle Agent"

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: 2000/05/19

PaulCinVT wrote:

> In article <39243A7E.B17FE061_at_Unforgettable.com>, Kenneth C Stahl
> <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com> writes:
>
> >Has anyone heard of a product called "Oracle Agent"? I went on the
> >Oracle web site and the only thing I can find close to that is something
> >called "Oracle Intelligent Agent" - however, so far I haven't been able
> >to figure out why it would be useful. From what I've read so far it
> >would seem to be some type of enterprise-wide management tool, but it is
> >difficult to understand what types of scenarios would make use of it.
> >
> >If anyone can post a message to say how they are using this product and
> >why it is a good choice for that particular application I'd greatly
> >appreciate it.
> >
> In large enterprises, OIA (if it is running on each node) allows OEM to
> automatically discover services on a node, this allows for simplified
> repository maintenance...
>
> Paul in VT

This is what I suspected. Somehow someone talked a customer into buying this product in a situation where they have a single NT server with an Oracle database. The customer told us they would really like to use the product to help them implement a backup strategy but I don't think that we either can or should. Received on Fri May 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT