Re: Insert problems

From: <henke01_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/18

In article <8g0ua4$5fo$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jeanch_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <8g0q6l$gg$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> henke01_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > I'm trying to insert a string into a table.
> > The string i a part of a webpage and it contains some sign that the
> > webbrowser translate to for example (åäö) Swedish.
> > å=&aring;
> ampersand sign suggests to oracle that you want to interact and enter
> the value of aring. That's it's a reserved character; But I think if
> your NLS is properly set up to your local language then oracle will
> accept this charater no problem.

It does but the thing is I don't want to have any problems later with webbrowsers that don't understand (åäö) so I really want to have that "&" in there. But i guess there is no way to do that right?

Thanks

Henrik

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu May 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT