Re: newbie question

From: Sohn Matthias <sohn_at_jobpilot.de>
Date: 2000/05/18

hi Pascal,

you can try to edit the configuration-file 'tnsnames.ora' , may bee in folder c:\orawin95\net80\admin.
you have to insert your configuration

FM_example.WORLD =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST =nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn)(PORT = portnumber))     (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = sid))
  )

replace the host-entry whith the ip-adress of your win89 computer: in dos-shell type ipconfig

replace the sid whit the db_name (look at init*.ora or ask at SQL> select value from v$parameter where name = 'db_name'), the sid is in default: ORCL

replace the portnumber of your listener, default 1521 (or 1526)

after that you can test it in SQLPLUS
SQL> connect user/pwd_at_FM_example

Matthias