Size relationship between redo log files, and rollback segments?

From: <argosy22_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/17

HI all,

What should the relationship in size be
between redo log files, and rollback segments?

About the same size?
Or one larger than the other?

Much of the reason for my question is that we are now storing objects (files) in LONG RAW fields in one 7.3.4 database. We quickly got LOTS of archived redo logs.

So, I am thinking of resizing the redo logs, but I am wondering to what size? I made a number of rollback segments at about 19.5 megs each. My initial thought is that the redo logs should be larger than the rollback segments. And, certainly larger than the largest files that might be inserted into the LONG RAW fields. Is this correct?

What if we did not have Long Raw fields? Would the size relationship change? What would it be?

Thanks,

Argosy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT