pl/sql uptime issue

From: Mark Lybarger <marklybarger_at_copper.net>
Date: 2000/05/17

Hi,

I'm investigating using pl/sql for a high-availability transaction server. The servers need 100% uptime (give or take 4 minutes per week). They currently are using embedded sql, but we would like to use pl/sql, if we can get the uptime requirements. Does anyone know of a way to install a new version of a high volume package w/o down time? One thought was to use synonyms and maintain 2 version of a package, then just swap the synonym when a new version of the package was compiled??

Any help would be most appreciated

TIA,
Mark Received on Wed May 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT