Scalability issues : OAS vs Apache/Jserv/GNUJSP which is the best ?

From: Anthony KRIZMANIC <Anthony.KRIZMANIC_at_ceram.fr>
Date: 2000/05/13

Hello,

I designed a three tiers architecture : exchange between the presentation tier and the applicative one is CORBA based ; exchange between the applicative tier and the data one (i.e. Oracle 8.1.6) is JDBC based.

The presentation tier relies on Java Server Pages.

Concerning scalability issues when the number of requests grows hugely, I would like to know which approach would be the best : OAS or Apache/Jserv/GNUJSP ?

Same question, but in a different context :

        It is possible to have Java CORBA objects running in Oracle 8.1.6. If I embed my applicative tier in the database, which approach would be the best to support JSP : OAS or Apache/Jserv/GNUJSP ?

        We may think that OAS written by Oracle is the best approach (i.e. almost the best integrated with the database). But is it true ? And if it is the case, why OAS is better than Apache++ ?

Thanks.

--

Anthony KRIZMANIC                    <http://jcc.ceram.fr:666/~krizmani>
Doctorant UNSA     tél: 04 93 95 44 70 (fax: 45 17), mob: 06 03 13 03 44