Re: Oracle licesing/pricing question...

From: <ammar_aganovic_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/13

In article <8F31F07B6wayneshammalammading_at_24.128.8.70>,   waynem_at_bosmedtechdotcom.nospam (Wayne Menzie) wrote:

> It sounds like you are dissapointed with their server performance.
 That is
> a common complaint. The fact that the want to control where the full
> version of their software is available, I see no problem with that.
 I am
> just grateful that they make it available so that we can get a head
 start
> on development while the bean counters figure out what forms to fill
 out so
> we can purchase it.

I sure have no problem with them knowing them who is using their software - I am just dissapointed in the fact they were not able to set up several mirror sites in the world. I gave up on downloading it as it would take too long, and I was a potential customer, and $40 was a bit too much for a product I didn't know I wanted it - but downloading a 275MB file with a 3-4 Kb/sec link is not really what I call a smart move. We all know how cheap it is to install mirror sites - especcially with the infrastructure the Oracle has.
Amma

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat May 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT