UPDATE

From: Clayton M. Arends <nospam_carends_at_evisions.com>
Date: 2000/05/13

All those concerned,

Well, after much head scratching and hair pulling I have come to the following scenario. Using the LongRaw structure as I have defined it, whenever I execute the SELECT query and then access the Length member to allocate memory I receive a NULL pointer from both malloc and realloc. If I change the declaration of LongRaw to use an "int" instead of "long" for the Length member then the code executes correctly.

This appears to be an error to me. Is this a problem with the pre-compiler (2.2.4.0.0) or is this a problem with the Digital UNIX compiler? -OR- is Digital UNIX 64-bit and I need to be using the correct integer type? If I remember correctly, the Oracle documentation says that the Length member should be "long" not "int".

Any advice, insight, alcohol?
- Clayton Received on Sat May 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT