Oracle's ODBC driver.

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com>
Date: 2000/05/12

For the datasource service name I used <ip>:1521:<sid> When I use the ODBC test program to connect it throws up three errors.

  1. Title: "OCI.DLL" Message: "The specified procedure could not be found."
  2. (Same as the first one).
  3. Title: "ODBC 32bit Test Program" Message: "SQLSTATE: IM003 Native Error Code:160 Driver Message: Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114 (Oracle ODBC Driver). Need Any suggestion to avoid error?"

If I answer yes, the suggestion is

<<<<
Oracle's DLL's are not on the path. Go to a DOS prompt and type "PATH". If you don't see ORAWIN95\BIN or ORANT\BIN on the path you will need to fix this before you will be able to use our driver.

For Win95:

   Edit Autoexec.bat and update the "SET PATH=" statement to include ORAWIN95\BIN. There should be no spaces around the "=" sign.

For NT:

   Go to Control Panel and click on "SYSTEM". Add ORANT\BIN to the PATH and log out.

For either case, verify PATH really did get set by going to DOS prompt again and typing "PATH".

If you still have problems getting the PATH set, please contact your MIS
department for assistance.

If this suggestion does not fix the problem, please go to the ODBCTEST menu and click on HELP->'Advanced ODBC Debugging'.

They were on the path. I even tried setting the path to its 8.3 relative, and that did not help.

The version of the driver is 8.01.55.00, according the the ODBC administrator. I just downloaded it from Oracle's website.

Brian Received on Fri May 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT