Re: Importing

From: hi <1_at_23.com>
Date: 2000/05/12

I have a solution. I am in the middle of do this. I created 2 clipper programs.

   first program that dumps the structure to an ascii file, and the other that dumps the data to an ascii file(ie address.txt).

    take the ascii structure file and wrap 'create table address' command around it (execute sql script)

    create a 'ctl' file with the same ascii structure file.

        sample 'address.ctl' file

<begin of address.ctl' file>

LOAD DATA
INFILE *
APPEND INTO TABLE address
fields terminated by "," optionally enclosed by '"' TRAILING NULLCOLS

(        name,
         addr1 ,
         addr2 ,
         birthday               DATE "YYYYMMDD",
         ssn

)
<end of address.ctl' file>

now run sqlLoader:

sqlldr userid=username/password control=address.ctl log=addressrslt.log data=address.txt

'addressrslt.log' - log file of the results 'address.txt' - ascii input file from DBF

maybe this will help