Re: grant privileges on tablespace

From: Terry Yeung <terryyNOteSPAM_at_alum.calberkeley.org.invalid>
Date: 2000/05/12

In article
<956330288.13576.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>, "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>super <manuel_at_datasail.it> schreef in berichtnieuws
>8dpkh6$18jo$1_at_stargate1.inet.it...
>> Hello,
>> i have a tablespace users where i can't create table
>> also if i am sysdba. How can i grant create table to user on
 tablespace ?
>> This user tha i am using to create tablespace have default
 tablespace
>> users
>>
>> Thank's a lot Manuel
>>

>This should have to do with tablespace quota not privileges.
>Try
>alter user <youruser> quota unlimited on users:
>
>Hth,
>
>Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

   I have the same problem as Manuel. I created an INDEXES tablespace and I want to move some indexes over to that tablespace. I login as the SYSTEM user and tried doing:

ALTER INDEX VIDEOEUL.VIL_PK REBUILD TABLESPACE INDEXES STORAGE (INITIAL 4K NEXT 8K PCTINCREASE 0); but it gives me ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'INDEXES'. I then tried what you suggested, the grant goes fine but when I try the Alter Index it gives me the same error. Any ideas?

-Terry