Oracle 8.1.5 on Redhat 6.0 - jre problem

From: matthew.harman <matthew.harman_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 2000/05/12

Hi,

I have been following the recent threads regarding 8i and Jre on this newsgroup, trying to find the answer to my problem.

I have installed JRE version 1.1.6v5 onto my Redaht 6.0 box and have done everything I can find on the net to get my oracle installer to work, i.e. linking to the executables, making sure the executables (and directories) are readable and writeable by the oracle user.

Everytime the oracle installer is started, with either runInstaller or runIns.sh I get a message stating

"Installing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait...."

another windows pops up for a millisecond and then disappears, the installer then appears to hang until killed with CTRL-C.

Anyone got any ideas.

Thanks in anticpation

Matthew Received on Fri May 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT