Re: Writing to tables as different use.

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

it sounds as if you have UserA created a table called emp, and UserB created a table called emp. These are not the same table. They are defined to the database by the schema, so you have UserA.emp and UserB.emp. By default, inserts done by UserA will go into UserA.emp and inserts done by UserB will go into UserB.emp. UserA will not be able to insert into UserB.emp, nor will UserB be able to insert into UserA.emp. Unless you give the users explicit insert rights (UserA issues grant insert on emp to UserB, and UserB does the same for UserA). At that point, the insert command should then become insert into UserB.emp values ('a','b') etc. or insert into UserA.emp values ('a','b') to specify which table you want the inserts to go in.

HTH,
Roy

In article <391accc0.93433359_at_news.alt.net>,   SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com (Brian Tkatch) wrote:
> I created a table and another user. After inserting rows as both
> users, I can only select the rows that each user put in, when logged
>
> Why is this so?
>
> Brian

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT