Re: Oracle licesing/pricing question...

From: Alexander Penev <alex_at_cska.net>
Date: 2000/05/11

ammar_aganovic_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Frank...
>
> > What is free is the CD which offers a development license.
> > A production license would not be free even on Linux as far as I
> > know. Although I requested the CD, I haven't received it yet so I
> > don't know which version will arrive.
>
> OK, so the Enterprise version of 8i will be a development one? That's

Thare is no difference in binary code at all. As we purchased client license for our customers the oracle representative told us to download the binary it from technet. You can run it in production but it's not legal, just as you can install a copy of windows on 100 pcs having a license for a single one. You can do it but it's not legal