Re: Oracle licesing/pricing question...

From: <ammar_aganovic_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

Frank...

> What is free is the CD which offers a development license.
> A production license would not be free even on Linux as far as I
> know. Although I requested the CD, I haven't received it yet so I
> don't know which version will arrive.

OK, so the Enterprise version of 8i will be a development one? That's OK with me. I would have to enter no licence whatsoever when I start installing the server, right? How would Oracle know if I make a commercial use of my development license? Is it possible? Or is the devlicense  just like letting me connect to the server from localhost or limited to one connection only? I hate to teas you, but I really could not find any info on what to expect to come with the 275 MB big file.

> As you have noticed it is probably useless to try to directly...

I've got the GetRight do the job for me - right now - I'm downloading an Enterprise 8i for linux, and am now with 19% downloaded, guess some 10 hours to go, will leave the PC running and fetch the file tomorrow - buy I am really very dissapointed in Oracle mirroring policy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT