Can result sets be returned from a trigger?

From: Brad Lotsberg <lotsberg_at_willowglen.ab.ca>
Date: 2000/05/11

I know that a PL/SQL function can return a result set via a cursor variable, but can a trigger return a result set to whatever application executed the SQL statement that fired the trigger? I can't find any reference to this ability in the documentation, and the RETURN statement doesn't seem to work in a trigger.

I am using the OCI on Oracle 8i for Solaris 7.

Thanks for any responses,

Brad Lotsberg, EET. Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT