how to connect to specific database instance

From: Steve . <syarbrou_at_nospam.enteract.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

I have an Oracle 8i database. There are two database instances on the system called k5ent1 and k5ent2. I want to run a sql script on k5ent2. How do I make sure once I open up sqlplus that I'm viewing the right database? When I type connect I just type in my username and password. It never asks for specifics.

Tried connect username/password_at_machine_name:1521:k5ent2 but it didn't seem to like that format.

Thanks.

Steve
Remove nospam when replying thru email. Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT