Re: PL/SQL

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

James Efurd wrote:

> I am new to Oracle and am trying to work in PL/SQL on v8.1.5.
>
> Is there any way (in PL/SQL) to access the command line for Unix or NT?
> I am looking for any information on how to do this, either through
> staight PL/SQL or even through an external language if need be.
>
> I would appreciate any help.
>
> James

In 8i you can create a shared object (unix) or a dll (windows) containing the routine that you want to run and then call the code as an external routine. The whole process is much to complex to explain here. Go to technet.oracle.com and do a search for "external procedures" there and you will find some documentation on how to do this. Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT