Re: Oracle licesing/pricing question...

From: gabriel <gabriel_at_kabah.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

Nothing is "free," I guess, but you do get a development license when you download the servers from the technet site. You do not have to enter any keys, nor is the product crippled in any way. You get what you ask for (ie. if you download the enterprise version, that's what you get).

If you plan to use the products for other than development/test/educational purposes, you have to purchase a license. The best site to learn about licenses is the Oracle store (http://store.oracle.com). As you mentioned, there are licenses based on concurrent users, server MHZ, and others, whichever suits you best (do the math before you buy).

I am not associated with Oracle, I'm just a very happy customer.

gabriel Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT