Developer Server

From: Markus Janscha <markus_at_janscha.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/10

Torsten,

I have installed Oracle 805, Developer 6, OAS 4081, Designer 6 and Discoverer 3 into the same home on my Laptop.

The only problem I found was that Discoverer overrode some support files which I was able to re-install. A part from needing at least 256 MB of RAM and loads of swap space I have had no other problems in the past 6 month of development work.

For the Developer Server installation I recommend that you get your OAS going first and make sure you know how it works. Secondly follow the Developer Server manual step by step. It took me 2 weeks to get my server going but it worked at the end. I found it easier to initially create a static implementation and then try the cartridge implementation. There is no reason for a cartridge implementation in a single PC environment.

There are some errors in the manual the only one I can still remember is not to use the tcpip option for the NT forms server service.

Good Luck

Markus Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT